During this time of physical distancing, the Office of Well-being is providing virtual well-being programs and resources to help support you.
Your Daily 15
Your Daily 15 are 15 minute virtual well-being breaks. We've partnered with Northwestern Recreation to provide movement breaks, Elizabeth Tuckwell to provide guided meditation and with our University Wellness Champions for a weekly adult coloring break through August 28. Format descriptions are available via the registration links.
Please note: For cyber safety reasons, please register with a valid NU email address. Other email addresses will be unable to access the virtual rooms.
|Mondays||9:30 a.m.||Gentle Yoga||Chelsea||Register|
|Tuesdays||10 a.m.||Guided Meditation||Elizabeth||Register|
|Wednesdays||9:30 a.m.||Energizing Yoga||Chelsea||Register|
|Wednesdays||3 p.m.||Adult Coloring & Connecting||Rotates||Register|
|Thursdays||10 a.m.||Guided Meditation||Elizabeth||Register|
|Fridays||9:30 a.m.||Total Body HIIT||Cerina||Register|
Your Weekly 30
In addition to the Your Daily 15 movement breaks provided by Northwestern Recreation, we've also partnered to provide Your Weekly 30 through August 26. These 30 minute movement breaks are provided once a week. Formats vary each week. Please register with a valid NU email address.
|July 7||5 p.m.||Energizing Yoga||Chelsea||Register|
|July 15||5 p.m.||Cardio Kickboxing||Cerina||Register|
|July 21||5 p.m.||Zumba||Symphony||Register|
|July 29||5 p.m.||Gentle Yoga||Chelsea||Register|
|August 5||5 p.m.||Total Body HIIT||Cerina||Register|
|August 12||5 p.m.||Zumba||Symphony||Register|
|August 18||5 p.m.||Energizing Yoga||Chelsea||Register|
|August 26||5 p.m.||Total Body HIIT||Cerina||Register|
Listen to a guided meditation by Elizabeth Tuckwell.
|5 minute meditation|
|7 minute meditation|
|15 minute meditation|
We are sharing a well-being newsletter bi-monthly. See past newsletters below. Sign-up to receive our newsletters and weekly events email.
|Newsletter 1||Newsletter 4||Newsletter 7|
|Newsletter 2||Newsletter 5|
|Newsletter 3||Newsletter 6|
We're available to meet with you or your team for a 1:1 well-being, caregiving or flexible work arrangements consultation. Contact us at email@example.com.
A variety of support webinars are available through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Emotional Well-being in Times of Uncertainty: Coping with the Stress Related to COVID-19
- How to Stay Social and Upbeat During COVID-19
- Our Experience of Grief and Loss During COVID-19
- Working from Home: Overcome Barriers and Embrace the Change
- COVID-19 Mutual Aid Resources: curated by the Women's Center, this resource list provides food pantry, emergency helpline, financial support resources and more.
- COVID-19 Updates: learn about updates provided by the Office of Equity.
- Employee Assistance Program: a variety of free and confidential services and resources are available such as short-term counseling, lifecoaching, access to articles, self-assessments and more.
- Learn From Where You Are: provides access to on-demand and live virtual learning, and offers ways to grow professionally, build your skills, and stay engaged and connected.
- Northwestern COVID-19 Updates: learn about updates provided by the University.
- Wildcats Wellness Initiative: Recreation and Athletics in-house experts and campus partners provide tips, recommendations, and instructions in the areas of fitness, emotional wellness and nutrition.