During this time of physical distancing, the Office of Well-being is providing virtual well-being programs and resources to help support you.
Your Daily 15 & Your Daily 30
Your Daily 15 are 15 minute virtual well-being breaks that are meant to be short and easily incorporated into your day. Your Daily 30 are 30 minute virtual well-being breaks for those looking for a longer break. We've partnered with Northwestern Recreation to provide movement breaks, Elizabeth Tuckwell for guided meditation and our University Wellness Champions for community building breaks.
- Format descriptions are available via the registration links.
- The Creating Community registration will be updated each Friday, as a new topic will be featured each week.
- Join us each month for a Creating Community Virtual Culinary Class led by Vicki Shanta Retelny, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
- Movement breaks (except for Zumba) are recorded each week and shared with attendees the proceeding week.
- For cyber safety reasons, please register with a valid NU email address.
Fall 2020 Schedule (September 8 - December 18)
|Mondays||9:30 - 9:45 a.m.||Gentle Yoga||Chelsea||Register|
|Mondays||Noon - 12:15 p.m.||Guided Meditation||Elizabeth||Register|
|Mondays||5 - 5:30 p.m.||Zumba||Symphony||Register|
|Tuesdays||Noon - 12:15 p.m.||Cardio Kickboxing||Cerina||Register|
|Tuesdays||5 - 5:30 p.m.||Pilates||Julie||Register|
|Wednesdays||9:30 - 9:45 a.m.||Energizing Yoga||Chelsea||Register|
|Wednesdays||Noon - 12:15 p.m.||Guided Meditation||Elizabeth||Register|
|Wednesdays||3 p.m.||Coloring & Connecting||Rotates||Register|
|Wednesdays||5 - 5:30 p.m.||Mindful Yoga||Katherine||Register|
|Thursdays||Noon - 12:15 p.m.||Zumba||Symphony||Register|
|Thursdays||5 - 5:30 p.m.||Creating Community||Rotates||Register|
|Fridays||9:30 - 9:45 a.m.||Pilates||Julie||Register|
|Fridays||Noon - 12:15 p.m.||Total Body HIIT||Cerina||Register|
|Fridays||5 - 5:30 p.m.||Cardio Kickboxing||Cerina||Register|
On-demand Meditation Recordings
Listen to a guided meditation by Elizabeth Tuckwell. The benefits of meditation include reducing stress, improving concentration, increasing self-awareness and the ability to be present.
|5 minute meditation|
|7 minute meditation|
|15 minute meditation|
We are sharing a well-being newsletter bi-monthly. See past newsletters below. Sign-up to receive our newsletters and weekly events email.
|Newsletter 1||Newsletter 4||Newsletter 7||Newsletter 10|
|Newsletter 2||Newsletter 5||Newsletter 8|
|Newsletter 3||Newsletter 6||Newsletter 9|
We're available to meet with you or your team for a 1:1 well-being, caregiving or flexible work arrangements consultation. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A variety of support webinars are available through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Emotional Well-being in Times of Uncertainty: Coping with the Stress Related to COVID-19
- How to Stay Social and Upbeat During COVID-19
- Our Experience of Grief and Loss During COVID-19
- Working from Home: Overcome Barriers and Embrace the Change
- COVID-19 Mutual Aid Resources: curated by the Women's Center, this resource list provides food pantry, emergency helpline, financial support resources and more.
- COVID-19 Updates: learn about updates provided by the Office of Equity.
- Employee Assistance Program: a variety of free and confidential services and resources are available such as short-term counseling, lifecoaching, access to articles, self-assessments and more.
- Learn From Where You Are: provides access to on-demand and live virtual learning, and offers ways to grow professionally, build your skills, and stay engaged and connected.
- Northwestern COVID-19 Updates: learn about updates provided by the University.
- Wildcats Wellness Initiative: Recreation and Athletics in-house experts and campus partners provide tips, recommendations, and instructions in the areas of fitness, emotional wellness and nutrition.