Host a free seminar on a work/life or social/emotional topic at an upcoming meeting for your school, department or affinity group this year. Seminars are provided through our Employee Assistance Program provider, Humana.
- Seminars are 60 minutes.
- Each department is allotted one seminar a fiscal year (Oct – Sept).
- You can choose any Humana seminar.
- Once a seminar is chosen, fill out a seminar request.
- Note: Requests are to be made a minimum of 4 weeks in advance.
- Once your request has been received, you will be contacted you to confirm receipt.
- Next, your request will be submitted to Humana.
- Once a facilitator has been identified, Charmaine Aris, the Northwestern Humana representative, will contact you to confirm the seminar.
- Charmaine will provide you with the seminar materials: a PowerPoint, handouts (if applicable), and an evaluation form one week before the seminar.
- Print out the handouts and an evaluation form for each seminar participant.
- The facilitator will call you a few days before the seminar to discuss any specific needs for your group. If she/he does not call within three days of the seminar, feel free to call them.
- Take attendance. Humana simply needs a total headcount (no names or emails).
- After the seminar, send Charmaine and Evelyn the evaluations and total headcount (even the totals differ). Please do so within 2-3 days after the seminar.
- Contact Evelyn Cordero with questions.