Commuter Parking Program
PayFlex offers a Commuter Parking Benefit program for employees who pay for parking at Metra or CTA commuter parking lots. Employees have several options for paying for their commuter parking benefit:
- Receive cash reimbursements for parking expenses
- Receive commuter checks to pay parking expense
NOTE: This program is not used to pay for campus parking administered through the Evanston Parking Office or by University Services for the Chicago Campus. There are no changes to how the University parking program is being administered.
You can order a transit pass or add funds to a fare card online. When you order a pass, the transit authority will mail it to your home; you’ll receive it before the first day of the benefit month. If you use a fare card, you must first buy it from your transit authority. Then you can load money to it online.
View the complete Commuter Benefit Enrollment Quick Guide.
Creating an account/logging into PayFlex
- Navigate to www.payflex.com.
- Click Sign In in the top right corner.
- If you currently have an account, log in using your ID and Password.
- If you do not have an account, click Create Your Profile, enter your name, address, and the last four digits of your Member ID (Employee ID on your WildCard). If asked for your Employer ID, enter 100398. Complete your registration profile as instructed.
- In the My Dashboard menu on the left, choose Commuter Benefits.
- If this is your first time enrolling, you will be asked for your mailing address. Click Add/Edit My Address, add your campus address, click Save My Address, and click Proceed to Site.
Enrollment in Commuter Checks for parking
You can pay for your work-related parking expenses with Commuter Checks. These are vouchers that you simply use to pay for your parking expenses. You buy your Commuter Checks online and PayFlex will send them to you. Once you receive them you can use them to buy one or more types of parking. You may use more than one check at a time. Note: Be sure to spend the checks as you need them. You will not receive change if the check amount is more than what you’re buying. The checks are only valid for one year. Look for the expiration date on the top of the check.
- After logging in to Payflex and choosing "Commuter Benefits" (see above), use the top menu to select Place an Order and Parking.
- Click Commuter Check for Parking.
- Using the search box and the map, find and select a parking provider that accepts commuter checks.
- Enter the Amount of pre-tax funds per check and the Quantity of checks to receive per deduction.
- If you would like this amount to be deducted monthly, select Yes to the appropriate question and choose the months for deduction.
- To add more items to your order, click the Continue Shopping button; to finish, click Checkout.
- You will be asked to agree that your order is correct. Review all information and click Place Order.
NOTE: Your Commuter Checks are made payable directly to the parking provider you selected, and they will be mailed to your home address on file in myHR. Ensure your address is correct by logging into the myHR Self Service Portal.