The cost of getting to and from work may add up quickly, depending on how far you commute and how you travel. Northwestern offers a variety of commuter benefits to help lower the cost of public transit and parking.
The University has partnered with PayFlex, a major processor of commuter benefits, to administer our pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking programs (the campus parking programs administered by Transportation & Parking Services are not included).
If you wish to place a new order or change an existing order, you must log into www.payflex.com before the monthly cutoff date (5th of each month) and shut off your deduction. If you do not place or update your order before the cutoff date you will receive your transit benefit for one more month. No refunds or adjustments can be provided.
The program offers the following benefits:
- Pre-tax Payroll Deductions;
- Easy online enrollment through the PayFlex portal (www.payflex.com);
- A single monthly deduction covering the total of all your transit deductions;
- Ability to enroll for commuter parking benefits for parking at commuter train station parking lots;
- No forms to complete and submit. Everything is done online.
- To enroll, see the Parking Program page or Transit Pass Program page. Or, view the complete guide, Enrolling in Commuter Benefits Quick Steps.
- How to use the PayFlex commuter benefit to buy Metra passes using the Ventra card and Ventra app.
- Any questions regarding logging in to or navigating the Payflex portal should be directed to Payflex at (800) 284-4885.
For answers to additional questions regarding this new program, please see our Questions & Answers page.