- Schedule check-ins for November, January and March
- Learn about ways to use myHR Learn to record your conversation
- Review conversation tips, roles and responsibilities
Action Items & Announcements / November 2018
Open Enrollment Ends 11/9 at 5 p.m.
The Open Enrollment period for January 1, 2019 plan changes will end on Friday, November 9 at 5 p.m. All requested changes and enrollments must be made via myHR by this deadline.
Dependent Care FSA University Match
If you enroll in the Dependent Care FSA for 2019, you may be eligible for matching funds from the University. Faculty and staff with a family adjusted gross income up to $130,000 can apply for Northwestern matching funds by completing the Dependent Care Employer Match Application and submitting requested documents.
For those who participated in the University Match last year, a new application must be submitted every year.Login to myHR to Enroll now
Winter Recess 2018
The University will observe Winter Recess from December 26 through December 28, 2018.
During Winter Recess, the University will continue to provide essential services such as security and policing, but will be closed for non-essential operations. Staff members should contact their managers or supervisors to see if their area will remain in operation and if their services are required during the recess period. Employees who are required to work during Winter Recess will be given an equivalent number of recess days that can be scheduled for use by August 31, 2019, with manager or supervisor approval. Read the FAQs for more details.
Position Management Process Changes
- Deans/Vice Presidents now have the option to delegate their approval authority.
- Temporary workers and contractors whose services cost less than, or equal to, $20,000 will no longer need to be submitted through the process.
- Approval to Hire requirements have been streamlined:
- Offers at or below 102% of the Target Annual Salary listed on the Position Request Form now only require approval by HR Talent Acquisition prior to a verbal offer being extended.
- Offers exceeding 102% of the Target Annual salary listed on the Position Request Form require approval by the Associate Dean/Head of Administration and the Position Approval Committee prior to a verbal offer being extended.
Feedback & Coaching with Performance Excellence
Asking for and giving feedback are core components of learning and performance. The more we know about what we're doing well and what we can improve, the more opportunity we have to perform at a high level.
Reminder: Enter DCFS Attestations Directly in myHR
All University personnel, including students, are mandated reporters and are required to report suspected cases of child abuse and neglect to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). Personnel acknowledge their mandated reporter status in myHR Self-Service. If you cannot access myHR, your manager will enter your paper attestation into myHR and retain it. Attestation forms should not be sent to HR Operations, as they will not be processed.
Further information is available on the Northwestern website.
Preparing for Your 2018 Form W-2 & Form 1095-C
As a reminder, efforts to prepare your Northwestern 2018 Form W-2 and Form 1095-C have begun. Please review and update, if necessary, your home address details in myHR today to enable timely delivery of your 2018 tax materials.
Credit Union Deductions Processed via Direct Deposit
Do you currently have credit union deductions from your pay check? Have you set up these deductions in myHR as a direct deposit? Please review your bank account details in myHR today. If you have not added your credit union account to your bank direct deposit accounts in myHR, please add this information. Setting up your credit union deductions as a bank direct deposit will allow you to more easily manage your credit union deposits.