Patient Support Services
For Northwestern students using the Health Service on the Evanston Campus, the Patient Advocacy Coordinator in Patient Support Services may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and provides the following services:
- guidance on student financial support for medical expenses
- determining eligibility for healthcare services available to students
- coordinating referrals and pre-authorization for specialty medical care or medical diagnostic testing
- scheduling an appointment with a specialist or for medical diagnostic testing
- interpreting medical bills and Explanation of Benefits statement (EOB forms)
- assistance with patient satisfaction with healthcare services
Please do not use Patient Support Services if you are experiencing a medical emergency, including those related to excessive alcohol consumption. Call 911 to summon paramedics or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Schedule an Appointment with Patient Support Services
To schedule an appointment with Elizabeth Hsu, Patient Advocacy Coordinator, you may use the Personal Health Portal.
Office Hours: By appointment 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday