Patient Support Services
For Northwestern students using the Health Service on the Evanston Campus, the Patient Advocacy Coordinator in Patient Support Services may be contacted at email@example.com and provides the following services:
- guidance on student financial support for medical expenses
- determining eligibility for healthcare services available to students
- coordinating referrals and pre-authorization for specialty medical care or medical diagnostic testing
- scheduling an appointment with a specialist or for medical diagnostic testing
- interpreting medical bills and Explanation of Benefits statement (EOB forms)
- assistance with patient satisfaction with healthcare services
Please do not use Patient Support Services if you are experiencing a medical emergency, including those related to excessive alcohol consumption. Call 911 to summon paramedics or go to the nearest hospital emergency room. If you are seeking medical care, do not contact Patient Support Services. The Schedule an Appointment and Emergency and After-Hour Care pages have the information you will need to promptly access medical services.
In response to COVID-19 and the efforts to minimize exposure, we are discontinuing face-to-face appointments with the Patient Advocacy Coordinator until further notice. You may continue to submit your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Patient Advocacy Coordinator will respond within 5 business days via email or phone call. We have less staffing to respond to inquiries at this time and appreciate your understanding as NUHS continues efforts to coordinate health care support services for the campus community.
If your inquiry is specifically related to health insurance, you will get a more expedient response by directly contacting the Student Health Insurance office at email@example.com or call 847.491.3621. Similarly, if you have any questions about the Student Immunization forms for new students, immunization requirements or any other inquiry about health information/medical records, please send your inquiry directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847.491.2203 to reach Health Information Management Services.