Who Can Use NUHS (eligibility for services)
You are eligible to use the Northwestern University Health Service (NUHS) if:
- You are actively enrolled in a degree seeking program at Northwestern in a school other than the School of Professional Studies (SPS) and eligible for Northwestern's Student Health Insurance Program, or
- You are a Garrett Evangelical Seminary student and have paid the quarterly Clinic Use Fee.
Additional Important Eligibility Criteria
- Eligible students may use NUHS throughout the current academic year (September 1st through August 31st).
- Graduating students who have taken at least one class during the current academic year are eligible to use NUHS during the summer term immediately following graduation.
- For the majority of new students, eligibility will begin on June 1st for Summer starts and September 1st for Fall starts.
- Students on formal leave from the University prior to the beginning of the academic year may use NUHS services if they present an official letter approving such leave.
- Eligibility to use NUHS services is not based on your health insurance plan.