Schedule an Appointment
- Call 847.491.2204 during regular business hours to schedule or cancel appointments.
- We will need your Northwestern University 7 digit identification number when you call.
- Leave a voicemail message; please include your identification number and a callback telephone number. Calls are returned the same business day, generally within 2 hours.
- Urgent medical problems like breathing difficulties, head injuries, and abdominal pain, for example, are scheduled after consultation with the on-call nurse at 847.491.8100, option "0". Outside of normal business hours, see Emergency After Hours Care.
- Use the Personal Health Portal to schedule some types of non-urgent appointments.
- If you wish to schedule an appointment for something other than the type of visit listed, call us at 847.491.2204 during regular business hours.
- When scheduling a non-urgent appointment via the Personal Health Portal, we encourage you to consider opting in to receive text message appointment reminders and other alerts.
- Patients who schedule appointments for conditions not consistent with the web-booked visit reason will be referred to the front desk for rescheduling.
- Existing appointments may also be cancelled through the Personal Health Portal.
- If you have seen an NU Health Service practitioner for a particular problem, it is most efficient to see the same person for the same issue. You may request a specific practitioner at the time you schedule your appointment or leave a message for that practitioner when you call.
- Use the Personal Health Portal to cancel existing appointments.
- Call the appointment desk at 847.491.2204 and leave a cancellation message 24/7.
Checking in for Appointments
- Two kiosks are located just inside the front entrance of the Health Service in the first floor lobby.
- The check-in process includes:
- Updating of demographic information
- Electronic acknowledgment of Health Service policies and consent to treat.
- Directions to the waiting area of the provider you are scheduled to see.
- Assistance with check-in is available at the reception desk.
Late Arrival for Appointments
If you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, you will be directed to the reception desk for further accommodations. These accommodations will be dependent on practitioner availability.
There is a $25 charge for missed appointments or appointments canceled less than 2 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.