Patient Support Services
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's in Biological Sciences, DePaul University, Chicago IL, 1994,
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- United States Army, 1988-2011, Retired
- Northwestern University Health Service staff since 2002
- B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia Institute of EMS
Elizabeth Hsu (she/her/hers) (pronounced “shoe”) is most recently from Atlanta, Georgia. Prior to her time at Northwestern, Elizabeth worked for a large hospital system rolling out operational practices and working as clinical support in the Emergency Room. Through this experience Elizabeth developed a passion for healthcare delivery and a desire to see patients served more effectively and compassionately, which led to her interest in patient advocacy.
As the Patient Advocacy Coordinator for the Evanston campus, Elizabeth seeks to grow health literacy and access to care for students as they navigate our broken healthcare system while at Northwestern and beyond. In her free time, Elizabeth enjoys being outside as much as possible, connecting with people over meals, and being a student of everything.