Cross-College Students

Academic support

The Searle Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching is a resource to assist students in learning to their full potential. They offer many programs and workshops  to supplement and enrich the undergraduate classroom experience.

Interschool transfers

The process for transferring between schools at Northwestern is called an Interschool Transfer (IST). The IST process is maintained by the Registrar. All deadlines and contact information, along with specific instructions on how to complete the Interschool Transfer, can be found via the Office of the Registrar's website.

Declaring a major

Each school within Northwestern University has its own procedures that direct students how to declare a major. To understand how you should declare a major, read the information that pertains to the school in which you are enrolled. If you are declaring a second major outside of the school in which you are enrolled, follow the procedures that pertain to the school that oversees the major's department or program.