More Questions? Shoot us an email enrichment@northwestern.edu. Please note the Katz Enrichment Fund has merged with the Student Activity Scholarship Fund. You can apply here

How many times can I apply to the Student Activity Scholarship Fund?

Only one application per opportunity can be submitted per academic year. You can apply multiple times for different opportunities, for example, sorority or fraternity dues AND graduate school test preparation fees. Please specify all of the associated costs for a single experience within one application. 

What is the committee looking for when they review applications?

Financial need is the primary factory when reviewing applications. Additionally, the committee is looking for a clearly established connection between the opportunity and the will positive impact towards the applicant’s sense of belonging, community, and involvement on campus. Finally, the committee reviews the nature and strength of the application in regard to the overall quality of the experience.

Can I be reimbursed through the Student Activity Scholarship Fund?

All approved funding requests will be paid as reimbursements and processed through Student Accounts in CAESAR. For students with extenuating circumstance, contact enrichment@northwestern.edu.

What other sources of funding might be available to me?

A number of campus partners offer funding opportunities. The list below reflects many of them:

  • School-Based Support Resources
  • Office of Undergraduate Research
  • Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid – Short-Term Emergency Loans
  • Alternative Spring Break (Campus Life)
  • Chicago Field Studies (Weinberg)
  • Dance Marathon Entrance Fee Fund (Campus Life)
  • Northwestern Career Advancement (NCA) – Career Development Fund
  • Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life - Scholarships for fees and dues
  • School of Communication Internship Scholarship
  • School of Education and Social Policy Opportunities Fund
  • School of Education and Social Policy Alfred Hess Undergraduate Research Fellowship Fund
  • School of Education and Social Policy Practicum/Student Teaching Assistance Fund
What funding resources exist for graduate students?

Currently, we only fund undergraduate students through the Student Activity Scholarship Fund. Graduate students are typically able to receive funding through their academic program or school of enrollment. We recommend that you contact your academic program to learn about available funding opportunities.