Cultural Programming & Engagement

I want to get involved with first-generation and/or low-income issues.

Join the Student Enrichment Services Student Advocacy Committee. Committee members meet monthly to discuss relevant issues and help to plan events and programs.

I’m really interested in learning more about diversity, inclusion, and social justice. Where can I learn more and get involved?

Campus Inclusion and Community (CIC) offers a number of opportunities to engage in conversations and dialogue around difference. The Sustained Dialogue program and Peer Inclusion Educators are a great place to start.

Why should I meet with a Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) staff person?

MSA staff members specialize in advising, supporting, and advocating for LGBTQIA and students of color. Speak with us if you're interested in getting involved with one of our programs or student groups we advise, or if you have questions about navigating the university, including working with faculty, planning culturally-relevant events, and accessing important resources on campus. MSA staff can also be a great resource if you believe you've experienced or witnessed a bias-related incident. Contact us to schedule an appointment.

How do I get involved with MSA?

We hold a number of signature events throughout the year. Visit our calendar for a full list. You can also sign-up for our listserv, or schedule to speak with a staff person.

Is there a cost associated with MSA's student groups?

The vast majority of our student groups have little to no fees associated with membership or events.

What's the difference between SES and MSA? How do I know where to start?

There is no wrong place to start! MSA and SES fall under the same umbrella, Campus Inclusion & Community. Visit one of our four offices—we're happy to help however we can! We’re located at 1914 Sheridan Road in the Black House, 1936 Sheridan in the Multicultural Center, 601 University Place in Scott Hall, Lower Level, and in the Norris University Center on the 3rd floor in the Gender and Sexuality Center.

Are there funds available to help with the cost of participating in campus groups, particularly Greek organizations, Residence Hall Association, and others?