Preparing for the Evaluation Period
Please be aware that classes need to meet minimum enrollment, have at least one instructor listed, and not be on an exceptions list (more information available in the CTEC Guidelines section) in order to be evaluated. Individuals listed as Course Coordinator in CAESAR are not considered instructors and also not evaluated.
All instructors and TAs who should be evaluated need to be listed in CAESAR. If they are not listed in CAESAR on the primary scheduled component (i.e. lecture rather than discussions), they will not be included on the evaluation form.
Please make sure to review all instructor/TA assignments for your department's classes to ensure the correct individuals are evaluated, and to prevent issues with missing instructors/TAs.
To access available individual reports for instructors and TAs in your department, select from the following options:
- Visit the Blue system directly (https://northwestern.bluera.com/northwestern)
- Sign in to CAESAR as an administrator (use SES Admin ID) and navigate to "Search CTECs for Admin" Instructions: https://www.northwestern.edu/ses/staff/ctecs/running-ctec-instructor-reports-in-ses-caesar.html
To request administrative access to department instructor reports (only recommended for those who should also have Student Records access), please submit the Request New or Additional Administrative Access to CAESAR form (select "CTEC Department Reports"). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Access to course survey data gathered prior to Winter 2016 will only be through CAESAR and the Cognos BI reporting application.
- Course survey data gathered Winter 2016 and later will be linked through both CAESAR and Blue, and also available through the Cognos BI reporting application.
- Reports for courses taught prior to 2009 can be requested from the CTEC Office: email@example.com
Cognos BI - Aggregate Reports
Aggregate reports (the data can be queried across terms, courses, instructors, etc.) for instructors and TAs are available through Cognos BI. The data available in BI include numerical response averages to core standard questions, and do not include department specific or qualitative questions. Those with Administrative access to CAESAR should have access to pull BI reports. Full instructor reports can currently only be pulled individually through CAESAR or Blue.