Understand COVID-19 Guidelines
During this unprecedented set of conditions, it is imperative we think differently as a community. While Northwestern will take a number of precautions over the coming months, it is important for all members of the community to understand it is likely members of our community will contract SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the COVID-19 disease. Because of this, all community members play a role in protecting the health of others and ourselves.
Shared Community Responsibility and Accountability
As a condition of returning to campus, community members are required to follow policies and guidance issued by Northwestern.
University leadership commits to supporting healthy business operations and work environments, and community members are expected to commit to responsible, personal efforts to reduce the transmission of SARS-CoV-2.
Health and Safety Guidelines
The safety and health guidelines, rooted in our core principles, provide guidance on how to:
- Reduce transmission among community members and visitors
- Maintain healthy business operations and
- Maintain a healthy working, learning, and living environment
Read the Guidelines
- Social and physical distancing
- Face coverings and face masks
- Enhanced cleaning protocols and good personal hygiene
- Health monitoring
- Protecting the vulnerable and community
Return to Campus Policy
The policy, which applies to all staff and faculty who are physically working on our campuses, is intended to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.