In concert with physical and operational modifications, units must develop a communication plan for providing essential information and training to community members and visitors who will occupy their facilities. Any local guidance developed by schools or units should be done in consultation with the respective Return to Campus subgroups.
All Northwestern staff, faculty, students contracted employees and visitors must complete the Returning to Campus training on myHR Learn, which outlines basic guidelines for keeping everyone safe and healthy.
Contractors must receive and comply with these guidelines when working on our campus. Units must communicate our guidelines for working on campus to contractors and visitors, which includes:
- Personal responsibility — calling-off when feeling ill, signing in to the project daily, reporting possible exposure and confirmed testing, cooperation with contact tracing
- Social distancing — including procedures for site meetings and daily breaks/lunch
- Use of PPE, including face masks
- Hygiene — handwashing, use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers, and routine disinfecting of tools and equipment
- Company responsibilities — provision of PPE and soaps/sanitizers/disinfectant wipes, delivering training and safety moments, notification of owners/clients when project personnel self-isolate or test positive for COVID-19, assistance with contact tracing