Expectations for Students
Updated Jan. 3, 2023
Northwestern has established the following requirements for all students who access campus. All students must:
- Report their primary vaccination series or receive an approved exception to Northwestern’s vaccination requirement
- Abide by safety or hygiene standards recommended by Northwestern, the Illinois Department of Public Health, or the CDC
- Wear a mask in required spaces
- Follow University guidance regarding self-isolating and additional safety precautions for exposures
For additional information regarding responsibilities and accountabilities, please visit the Office of Community Standards website.
Where to Report a Concern
We encourage each member of our community to remind each other of these expectations. In instances where we are unable to hold each other accountable with a friendly reminder or a conversation about these expectations, there are resources available for students to report concerns.
To understand reporting mechanisms available to you, review these websites:
- NU Help – Students can report a concern about another student
- EthicsPoint – Student can report activities by any community member that may involve misconduct or violations of University policy
- Office of Equity – Students can report anyone in our community who has been the target of, or who witnesses, sexual misconduct, discrimination or harassment based on a protected category
- Schools and Departments – Students can report a concern for and about any community member associated with a school or department to the appropriate dean’s office or academic department