Expectations for Gatherings, Meetings and Events
Updated Jan. 3, 2023
Capacity limits and restrictions for meetings and events have been lifted. Masking is optional in most University spaces. However, there may be campus events during which masks are required more broadly.
Because of the significant numbers and diverse types of events on campus, there is not a centrally managed process for registering visitors and events at this time. Instead, schools and units that host visitors and events can determine the optimal approach for their context in alignment with the guidance below. Please note, the guidance may change over time.
- There are no capacity limits nor restrictions prohibiting gatherings, meetings or events on campus.
- During the academic year, in-person on-campus events should prioritize use of available space for academic purposes and student gatherings.
- The University no longer requires proof of vaccination nor a negative test for visitors to attend events.
- Schools and units should adhere to University safety protocols and are discouraged from implementing additional requirements related to visitors’ health status.
- Attendees at University events are expected to adhere to applicable University safety protocols that are in place at the time they visit campus. These may include protocols regarding masking and other expected community behaviors. It is the hosts’ responsibility to convey the current expectations to guests they invite to campus.
- All intercollegiate athletics events will follow NCAA and conference rules and guidelines and expectations of the University’s Department of Athletics and Recreation.
- Events held in other cities or states may be subject to additional or different local requirements, which hosts should monitor.