Mental Health Resources
Whether you have been directly exposed to Coronavirus/COVID-19 or not, the outbreak can affect your emotional and mental health wellbeing.
Northwestern's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has assembled recommendations for taking care of your mental health during this outbreak. See CAPS's Coronavirus/COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
In addition, CAPS continues to serve the Northwestern community:
- CAPS will continue to provide support or consultation, you may call 847-491-2151 and ask to speak with the on-call counselor. We will get back to you as soon as possible to either set a check-in meeting time – by phone – or to discuss your concerns in the moment.
- Our after hours and weekend on-call resources will continue to be available to you. You can reach this resource by calling 847-491-2151 and pressing “0” at the prompt.
Caring for Yourself
Consider the following recommendations from CAPS to support your mental wellbeing at this time:
- Limit media exposure.
- Use trusted resources to stay informed.
- Anticipate stress reactions.
- Recognize the signs of distress.
- Try different strategies to reduce stress.
See detailed suggestions CAPS's downloadable flyer, Taking Care of Mental Health during the CoVID19 Infectious Disease Outbreak.