Faculty and Staff Testing
Testing remains available at the Jacobs Center (Evanston) and 345 E. Superior St (Chicago) for faculty and staff. Unvaccinated faculty and staff are required to complete two Abbott rapid antigen tests a week. All faculty and staff are welcome to complete Abbott rapid antigen tests as frequently as they want.
We no longer offer Color testing given the limited need for this type of test.
As a reminder, if you have any symptoms, or need to be tested because of contact tracing, you must follow the Symptomatic Testing instructions outlined in the second tab.
Please see the details on the Abbott Rapid Antigen Testing website for information about rapid antigen testing and for instructions on how to:
- Download the Abbott NAVICA app or visit the NAVICA website;
- Create an account with your Northwestern email address; and
- Connect to Northwestern via NAVICA to ensure your results are shared with Northwestern for case management and compliance tracking purposes
Once you’ve activated your NAVICA account and connected to NU, you are ready to test. All Abbott rapid antigen testing occurs at the Jacobs Center in Evanston, using the south entrance (Deering Meadow), or 345 E. Superior Street in Chicago. No appointment is needed for rapid antigen testing.
- General questions about testing? Email NU-COVID-Testing-Support@northwestern.edu
It is very important that faculty and staff who have COVID-19 symptoms or who have been identified as being exposed to COVID-19 through contact tracing follow the processes outlined below.
- Update your Symptom Tracker immediately, which will turn your badge red and wait for Case Management to reach out
- Please Note: please allow 2-6 hours for Case Management to contact you and be on the lookout for a call from a number that you don’t recognize. If it has been more than 6 hours, you can call the Case Management team directly at 847-491-8422 or email@example.com
- If you develop symptoms while at home, stay at home, update your supervisor, and self-quarantine while you await additional guidance from Case Management.
- If you develop symptoms while at work, update your supervisor, leave work immediately, and self-quarantine while you await additional guidance from Case Management
- Do not go to one of our asymptomatic testing sites.
- If Case Management believes testing is the right next step, you will talk through options with them. In order for your testing to be orchestrated by and paid for by Northwestern University, you need to follow the above steps and guidance from Case Management and not visit testing centers before connecting with Case Management
Feinberg School of Medicine clinical faculty or staff who are symptomatic should visit Feinberg's COVID-19 testing website for instructions.
If you are directed to test at a Northwestern-affiliated testing facility, your test result will be available through your MyNM account.
If your test results come back positive, a member of Northwestern’s COVID Response Team will reach out to walk you through next steps. This will include direction regarding your need to self-isolate as well as guidance regarding how Northwestern will coordinate required contact tracing and to help support your health and welfare throughout this period.
In the event that you receive notification of a positive result prior to hearing from the COVID Response Team, please immediately begin to self-isolate pending further guidance and call us at 847-491-8422. This number is currently staffed with case managers and contact tracers from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m, Monday through Friday. At all other times, this line will connect you to the University Health Service’s after hours call service where you can ask to speak with the physician-on-call, who will provide you with guidance for any immediate next steps.
If at any point you require emergency medical attention, call 911 to access the most local emergency services.