Northwestern University has partnered with Northwestern Medicine to develop Symptom Tracker, a daily health monitoring application that aims to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 within our community.
- Use the web-based application online at symptomtracker.northwestern.edu.
- Download the mobile app for iPhone at the Apple App Store.
- Download the mobile app for Android at the Google Play Store.
Version information: Make sure you are using the most updated version of the application. iOS (Apple) version of the Symptomtracker app was updated in December 2020. There are no changes to the Android or web versions.
How It Works
Symptom Tracker prompts you to answer a daily symptom questionnaire, which you must complete each day prior to attending on-campus work, programming or activities, including classes.
- If you are identified as having symptoms that may be associated with COVID-19 you will be issued a virtual red badge and given instructions on how to proceed. Similarly, anyone testing positive for COVID-19 at any of Northwestern’s testing locations will have their badge turned red.
- Users who identify that they do not have symptoms and who have not tested positive for COVID-19 will be given a virtual green badge, which you must be prepared to display when on campus.
Faculty, students, staff and visitors are expected to use the web app for daily health monitoring. The app replaces the existing health monitoring web form previously used by employees. Completing your daily symptom check and staying home if you have any symptoms are important steps to fostering a healthy campus environment.
Students, faculty, and staff in Evanston and Chicago that come to campus can begin using Symptom Tracker Monday, September. 14.