Northwestern University has partnered with Northwestern Medicine to develop Symptom Tracker, a daily health monitoring application that aims to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 within our community.
- Use the web-based application online at symptomtracker.northwestern.edu.
- Download the mobile app for iPhone at the Apple App Store.
- Download the mobile app for Android at the Google Play Store.
Version information: Make sure you are using the most updated version of the application. iOS (Apple) version of the Symptom Tracker app was updated in December 2020. There are no changes to the Android or web versions.
How It Works
Symptom Tracker prompts you to answer a daily symptom questionnaire, which unvaccinated members of the University community must complete each day prior to attending on-campus work, programming or activities, including classes. Unless the badge shows green, individuals should not come to campus.
- A green badge displays for anyone who is vaccinated, or who is unvaccinated and has received a negative test at Northwestern in the past 72 hours
- A yellow badge displays for anyone who is unvaccinated and has not received a negative test at Northwestern in the past 72 hours
- A red badge displays for individuals who are currently experiencing symptoms or who are in quarantine or isolation
Unvaccinated faculty, students and staff are required to use the web app for daily health monitoring. Completing your daily symptom check and staying home if you have any symptoms are important steps to fostering a healthy campus environment.