Northwestern University Student Expectations & COVID-19 Code of Conduct
As a reminder, you agreed to the following:
- I will regularly monitor the University’s guidelines related to COVID-19 on the COVID-19 site and stay updated on any guidance provided by the University.
- While on campus, I will abide by safety or hygiene standards recommended by Northwestern, and any applicable agencies, including the Illinois Department of Public Health or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For example, standards regarding social distancing, limiting gatherings, hand washing and sanitizing, and cleaning shared surfaces.
- I will wear a mask or face covering in all public and shared environments on campus and whenever required by the University, unless I have a medical condition that restricts my ability to do so. I understand that the face covering must meet guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Northwestern’s guidance.
- I understand that I may be asked to submit to COVID-19 testing and will comply with COVID-19 testing requirements and treatment recommendations.
- I will cooperate with any contact tracing efforts by the University.
- I will perform and document any self-monitoring or self-screening of health symptoms that the University asks me to complete, including monitoring my personal health daily and reporting any conditions as required by the University.
- I will participate in any additional health screening required by the University.
- I will immediately report any exposure to COVID-19 to Northwestern University Health Service or to any other offices/functions required by Northwestern and will not participate in in-person activities until I am cleared by the University.
- I will follow the University’s guidelines on self-isolation and/or quarantining, and any applicable guidelines or requirements from public health agencies, including and guidance regarding self-isolation and/or quarantining for individuals who have traveled outside of the United States and/or the State of Illinois.
- If I will be residing in University housing, I will review the Expectations for Undergraduate Residents During COVID and/or the Expectations for Graduate Residents During COVID-19 and follow the expectations set forth therein.
- I will complete training programs related to COVID-19 provided by the University.
I have read and understand this summary of expectations, and agree to follow all Northwestern University guidelines related to reducing the spread of COVID-19. If I do not follow these expectations, I may be referred to the Office of Community Standards or my dean’s office for follow up and the consequences of regular non-compliance may include removal from campus. I understand these expectations may change given the evolving nature of the pandemic. I further understand that if I have questions, I can raise them with the appropriate University office.