Volunteer at Commencement
Commencement cannot happen without a team of dedicated volunteers. As we celebrate the 161st Annual Commencement on the morning of June 21, 2019, we are looking for additional Northwestern-affiliated volunteers (students, staff, faculty) to assist in a number of important roles:
- Provide hospitality items and information to guests along with assistance in special seating areas.
Bus Stop Hosts
- Help with passenger loading and line management at Commencement shuttle stops.
Photo Spot Attendants
- Assist with traffic flow and help to take photographs for graduates and families at Gate N and Gate S
Stroller Drop-Off Attendants
- Assist families in dropping off and picking up strollers at Gate Q. We are not responsible for strollers, just assisting on where to park them.
- Help guest as they arrive to the stadium queue up to the gate closest to their assigned section
Directing to New Staging Areas
- Help faculty, students, and VIPs navigate the areas around the now closed Welsh-Ryan Arena Lobby to the robing areas
All volunteers are asked to make an effort to attend a volunteer training session as we get closer. Volunteers will be emailed about volunteer training closer to date of Commencement.
Tentative Volunteer Schedule
|6:45 a.m.||Take shuttle from Sheridan and Emerson to Ryan Field|
|7:00 a.m.||Breakfast is provided|
|7:30 a.m.||Volunteers report to their posts|
|8:00 a.m.||Gates open at Ryan Field|
|9:30 a.m.||Processional of Graduates begins|
|11:30 a.m.||Commencement ceremony ends|