Stress Management Clinic
The Stress Management Clinic has temporarily gone virtual. Please click here for more information about our current online workshops and gathering spaces.
The Stress Management Clinic (SMC) offers students informal, 4-session workshops dedicated to providing information and a set of practical tools and strategies for coping with the negative consequences of stress. Students can register online for specific workshops (see below).
Participants in our various workshops learn to:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of dysfunctional stress
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques including biofeedback
- Receive support and encouragement for engaging in healthy lifestyle practices such as exercise, yoga, and meditation
Upcoming Workshops at Chicago CAPS
- Breathe – Streaming Relaxation and Mindfulness Resources
- Introduction to Stress Management by Dr. Henry J. Perkins
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation by Dr. Henry J. Perkins
- The Relaxation Response by Dr. Sara Gruzlewski