Postdoctoral Fellows are Expected to Provide:
- individual and group therapy services
- intake assessments
- initial telephone assessment
- consultation and advocacy for students, third-parties, and other healthcare professionals
- crisis intervention
- afterhours on-call for emergency consultation services in collaboration with a contracted external agency*
- training activities, including the selection of next year's Doctoral Interns using APPIC**
- outreach including Let’s Talk
- consultation with university and healthcare systems
- facilitation of staffing team which is a weekly meeting to discuss dispositions for intakes
- other administrative activities
*Some evening and weekend hours are required.
**The postdoctoral fellows at Chicago CAPS and Evanston CAPS both serve as members of the CAPS Training Committee. Fellows are an integral part of the Intern Selection Committee that reviews, interviews, and ranks internship candidates for the APPIC national match.