We want to ensure that you feel comfortable and confident making travel arrangements using Egencia. Please review some frequently asked questions below and contact Travel Services if you have additional questions.
When will I receive an email confirmation of my travel booking?
Can I customize the name of my trip as I’m booking my trip?
While you cannot customize the name of the trip when making your booking, you can update the trip name after the booking is complete.
- Click on the Trips tab and open the trip you would like to rename.
- Your destination will appear at the top of the screen with a "Rename" link in blue to the right.
- Simply click on the link, rename your trip to make changes.
Can I book personal travel (for myself or other employees) on Egencia?
I read that Egencia has a mobile app. Why are we not using that at Northwestern?
Will Northwestern's preferred and negotiated hotel rates show on the Egencia site?
Why can't I find a flight that I saw on another website?
If you search for a broad flight match (example: a flight from Chicago to Seattle at any time of day), you may need to filter further to find the results you are looking for. There are two ways to do this:
- At the start of your search, you can enter more specific parameters such as adding in a specific airline or time.
- Another option is to narrow your results and "Search for More". Once your initial search results populate, click on your preferred airline and/or times in the left navigation panel. Then click on the "Search for more flights" link that appears in the center of the page above the search results.
Why do I sometimes see lower air fares on other websites?
The shopping algorithms of websites are set to favor different preferences, such as price vs. total travel time. Since Egencia is focused on the needs of corporate travel, we put more emphasis on flight options conducive for time-sensitive business travelers. Note that the prices shown on Egencia flights are always round trip and include the Egencia online booking fee. Some websites show one-way fares, and may not have a booking fee.
If you should find a better price online for the exact same flight within 24 hours of booking, Egencia agents will book the cheaper flight for you – and waive the transaction fee to make the change. Or, if we are unable to find that flight we will give you a credit for the difference. To take advantage of this, contact our customer service team (no service fee will be charged).
Why do some flights say "Price Unavailable"?
What do I do with my unused airline tickets?
- Prior to the July 26, 2016, migration to Egencia, you may redeem your unused tickets as normal in Orbitz for Business.
- To change an existing reservation or exchange your unused ticket credits between July 26-September 25, 2016, retrieve ticket information from Orbitz (system will still be accessible through September 25) and contact an Egencia agent.
- After September 25, 2016, please contact an Egencia agent and provide the original ticket number. If the original ticket number is not known, please contact Travel Services to get a copy of your itinerary before contacting Egencia.
Can I make Southwest exchanges online through Egencia?
Will I be able to view my unused Southwest ticket credits on Egencia?
Can I share my trip with other co-workers?
How to select my travel arranger
Can I book an international trip on a sponsored program through Egencia?
If your trip is funded by a Federal award (fund 610, 611, 620, or 621), or by a Federal cost share, the trip is subject to the Fly America Act that mandates the use of U.S. air carriers. Further, depending on your sponsor and destination, your trip may also be subject to Open Skies agreements that allow the use of certain non-U.S. carriers.
You can book an international trip on a sponsored program using a U.S. air carrier through Egencia. If booking an international trip on a sponsored program using a foreign airline is desired, Northwestern’s brick and mortar Travel Agencies (Intra World Travel and Travel 100 Group) can provide air policy guidance in selecting allowable flights.
See the Office of Accounting Services for Research and Sponsored Programs (ASRSP) website for additional information.
Should you have any questions regarding sponsored project travel, please contact Jany Raskina at email@example.com or 847-491-4697 on the Evanston campus, and Rosanna Sian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-503-0835 on the Chicago campus.