Report a Concern

Reporting Campus Accessibility Concerns

Facilities Management and the Office of Student Auxiliary Services ensure that any new construction or major building renovation will meet all federal and state statutes for accessibility. Facilities Management accepts and works to quickly address accessibility service requests from the campus community when an accessibility concern (such as a non-functional lift or electronic door-opener) is reported via email (, phone (847-491-5201/Evanston; 312-503-8000/Chicago) or online. Accessibility concerns related to the city of Evanston (such as audible signals on stoplights along Sheridan Road) can be reported by calling 311. Accessibility concerns on the Chicago Campus can also be reported by calling 311 or submitting online.

Appeal, Resolution, & Grievance Procedures

In most cases, a student must be registered with AccessibleNU in order to be considered a student with a disability by the University and to be eligible for accommodations and services. Registering with AccessibleNU is the best way to ensure that the needs or concerns of students with disabilities can be addressed, regardless of whether a student decides to request accommodations. Students who have a disability-related complaint about a Northwestern employee (faculty, staff, or student-employee) are encouraged to discuss the complaint with AccessibleNU staff (unless their complaint is against an AccessbleNU staff member). More details are available about the accommodation appeal, informal resolution, and formal grievance process. The grievance process is handled by the Office of Equal Opportunity & Access.

Reporting a Bias Incident

Students who experience hate or bias incidents directed toward themselves or witness bias or hate incidents against others are encouraged to submit the Bias Incident Form to the Bias Incident Support Team. Reporting bias or hate incidents is a component of RespectNU, a systematic approach to promoting a welcoming and safe campus community for all Northwestern students. In addition to RespectNU, Campus Inclusion & Community sponsors programs such as Sustained Dialogue in which numerous students have participated and found transformational.

Reporting Other Concerns

If you have general concerns about a student or a student's conduct, please fill out the NUHelp: Community Concerns Form. If you or someone you know has experienced a concern related to sexual misconduct, stalking, or dating or domestic violence, please complete the Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form. If the perpetrator of that sexual misconduct is a Northwestern staff or faculty member, please also contact Northwestern's Title IX Coordinator. Most importantly, with any concerns, please reach out to one of Northwestern's many confidential resources for support: