Writing for accessibility is a method of representing information in a concise and easy-to-skim style. This style benefits all web users, including users who access the web using mobile devices. Adhering to the best practices for web writing enables all audiences to quickly scan and efficiently locate web information.
Planning Web Content
Spend time planning your web content. Use the following criteria:
- Identify the audience.
- Identify the information that needs to be relayed to the audience.
- Create an outline, which will assist in organizing web content.
- Organize and analyze the information that needs to be relayed.
Best Practices For Writing Web Content
- Start with the conclusion, and then expand the content.
- Use an active tone, not passive.
- Each paragraph should include only one topic, idea, concept or function.
- Write short paragraphs.
- Write clear, concise and descriptive sentences.
key wordsand keep in mind search engines, which will be crawling web content for information.
webpagesto 600 words or less.
- Write out the entire name of the acronym or abbreviation when using it for the first time on a webpage.