Graduate Student Opportunity
Part-Time Program Assistant, Peer-to-Peer Learning Programs (2023–24)
Interested in engaging with undergraduates, supporting peer-to-peer learning, and developing your project-management and mentoring skills?
Academic Support & Learning Advancement is looking for a 2023–2024 part-time Program Assistant with strong organizational and communication skills to support the unit’s peer-learning programs.
Features of the role:
- 15–20 hours per week throughout the academic year, flexible schedule within business hours
- Some possibility for remote work
Ideal for somebody with
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of constituents, in person and in writing
- High-level understanding of and sensitivity to diversity and inclusion in learning environments
- Ability to provide sensitive but forthright feedback to undergraduates
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours
- Background in learning support, teaching/education, or student services is a plus
- Contribute to quality control in the Peer-Guided Study Group (PGSG) program through observing, collecting feedback, and providing formative feedback to peer group leaders
- Support logistical management of PGSG program elements (e.g., waitlist management, attendance tracking, collection and distribution of information from faculty)
- Grade assignments for a portion of students in the SESP 291 leader training course; communicate with individual students regarding assignment concerns
- Support maintenance and improvement of the SESP 291 course Canvas site
- Contribute to the peer-leader recruitment and selection process
About the unit: Academic Support & Learning Advancement (ASLA) offers a range of academic support programs for undergraduate students at Northwestern, including tutoring and facilitated study groups, academic coaching, and other resources and events. ASLA serves approximately 3,800 students a year and is the central resource on campus for undergraduate learning support.
Our culture: We are a hard-working, highly collegial, and supportive group. We believe in continuous reflection and improvement, we value discussion of diverse ideas, and we strive to create inclusive and growth-oriented environments both for the students we support and for our staff.
Pay rate: $23/hr
Time frame: Beginning pre-Fall Quarter 2023 and continuing through the entire academic year, with possibility for renewal the following year.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Borislava Miltcheva, email@example.com. For fullest consideration please apply by March 31, 2023. Feel free to contact Borislava with questions.