Mission and Values
Undergraduate Learning Abroad (ULA) serves as a comprehensive resource for international academic experiences for students at Northwestern. ULA offers a diverse range of programs abroad that challenge students to engage with difference, develop intellectually and emotionally, broaden their global perspectives, and expand their intercultural skills and understanding.
ValuesUndergraduate Learning Abroad (ULA) is committed to:
- Positioning study abroad as a key experience of a Northwestern undergraduate education that supports the development of students’ global competence;
- Promoting equity of access for all Northwestern undergraduates by removing barriers to study abroad through scholarships, inclusive advising, and collaboration with campus partners to reach underrepresented students;
- Encouraging students to collaborate across difference and value multiple perspectives through ethical and responsible engagement abroad;
- Fostering mutually beneficial, reciprocal outcomes in our international partnerships; and
- Engaging Northwestern faculty and staff as partners in pursuit of our mission.