Take Our Daughters & Sons to Work Day – April 24, 2014
Lurie Atrium, Lurie Medical Research Center, 303 E. Superior St., Chicago, IL 60611
Tour Track Sessions run from 9:00-9:45am, 10:00-10:45am, and 11:00-11:45am.
Children will be escorted from registration to the sessions and then to lunch by adult chaperones.
Prentice Women's Hospital, 250 E. Superior, 3rd Floor. Sponsors must meet up with children at this time.
Job Shadowing 2:00-5:00pm (Children observe sponsors worksites.)
There are two ways to register this year!
You can still print your registration and hand it in at the Chicago or Evanston Women's Center office OR you can click here to register and pay online. Please consider becoming a chaperone for this year's event and fill out that portion of the registration.
Paper Registration Form (Return to Alecia Wartowski, Director of Programs, Women's Center, 1400 Abbott Hall, 710 N Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, IL 60611. Please slide payment and registration form with day and time written on it under the door if no one is available)
Tour Tracks (Use this form to select your sponsored child's preferences. There may be changes to tour tracks due to presenter conflicts. We will attempt to keep this site as updated as possible. Crossed out tracks indicate that the track is now full.)
Tour Track Descriptions (Read these descriptions to learn more about what the children will be doing in each session.)
- When choosing tour tracks, you must choose the entire row of activities as your first or second or third choice. EACH ROW REPRESENTS A TOUR TRACK and a child will go on the three designated sites in a row. Example: If you select Tour Track 1, your child will be part of a group that travels together from Brain Quest to Aikido to CSI. The children remain with this group of children and its assigned chaperones for the entire program.
- Check in begins at 8:00 AM in Lurie Atrium in the Lurie Medical Research Center, 303 E. Superior St. Chicago, IL 60611
- Check in closes at 8:45 AM, as the children depart for their first tour session promptly at 8:45 AM. Please arrive in time to register and meet up with the chaperones.
- When making out the check to Northwestern University, there is a $12 per person fee for each child and each adult parent or sponsor who attends the luncheon program. Parents/Sponsors are required to meet up with the children at this time.
- Your child is not registered until your forms and payment have been turned in to the Women's Center or you have completed online registration. THERE IS NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION ON THE MORNING OF THE PROGRAM. All children must be pre-registered.
- Registration closes on Friday, April 18, at 5pm. We are limited to 110 young people for our Chicago program. Once we have reached capacity, we will create a waiting list. If you have registered and wish to cancel, you may only do so until Tuesday, April 22 at 5pm. This will allow us to add people from our waitlist.
- You will not receive notification of Tour Track placement until the day of the event.
Thank you. We hope you enjoy Take Our Daughters & Sons to Work Day 2014.
For questions about the Chicago campus event or registration, please contact Alecia Wartowski Director of Programs, at (312) 503-3401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.