Banking Frequently Asked Questions
Jump to question:
- Why should I choose a U.S. Bank WildCARD?
- Where do I sign up?
- What happens if I have a question or problem when I sign up for a U.S. Bank account online?
- What if I already have a U.S. Bank account?
- I'm usually tied up in class all day and I may not always have time to get to the bank during the day. Will U.S. Bank's Norris University Center branch be open after my classes are over?
- Where can I use the U.S. Bank WildCARD?
1. Why should I choose a U.S. Bank WildCARD?
There are many advantages to linking your wildcard to a U.S. Bank checking account:
- You'll enjoy all-in-one card convenience with a WildCARD that does double duty as an ATM card. Get fast money on campus (with no ATM fees) at many U.S. Bank ATM locations. Or use your WildCARD at one our many off-campus locations: more than 5,000 ATMs and 3,100 branches in 25 states.
- Conduct banking transactions at one of our full-service bank branches on campus. You can use teller services free of charge.
Evanston Campus Branch
Norris University Center, 1999 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday
Chicago Campus Branch (Hablamos espanol)
U.S. Bank Chicago River Office, 360 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday
- Your WildCARD can also be used as a debit card at over 1.5 million point-of-sale locations, such as gas stations and supermarkets: swipe your card, select Debit, and enter your ATM/PIN number.
- You'll save even more money with one free box of checks (U.S. Bank Northwestern University logo-style checks or 50% off on most other styles), no monthly service fee/free checking account, no minimum balance requirement, and four free non-U.S. Bank ATM transactions per month. (Other ATM owners may assess a usage fee. Member FDIC.)
- You can pay bills and bank anywhere, anytime with free Internet Bill Pay and online banking.
- Your parents can replenish your account at any time by using U.S. Bank's free online banking from their home computer, transferring funds from their own U.S. Bank account to yours, or depositing a check in your account at a U.S. Bank branch in their neighborhood.
- Your WildCARD is not as easily identifiable as a bank card, and it requires a PIN to receive cash and make purchases. So, if it's lost or stolen, there is a reduced chance of misuse and fraud. In the meantime, if your linked WildCARD is lost or stolen, notify U.S. Bank immediately at 800-US-BANKS (872-2657).
If you'd like to open a U.S. Bank account now, you can do it online. For students, simply go to www.usbank.com/campus/northwestern.html. If you have any questions or problems with the application process (for example, if you are turned down because you do not have a credit history), please e-mail email@example.com. Faculty and staff, visit www.usbank.com and use reference code 001739.
If you prefer to apply in person once you get to campus, you can apply at the U.S. Bank full-service branch at Norris University Center. If you wish, you can access the application online and bring the completed application with you to the bank when you return to school.
3. What happens if I have a question or problem when I sign up for a U.S. Bank account online?
If you have any questions or problems with the application process (for example, if you are turned down because you do not have a credit history), please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What if I already have a U.S. Bank account?
No problem -- just bring your bank account information with you to the U.S. Bank University Center branch and they will link it to your WildCARD. Any arrangements you have already made with U.S. Bank in the past (such as direct deposits) will stay the same.
5. I'm usually tied up in class all day and I may not always have time to get to the bank during the day. Will U.S. Bank's Norris University Center branch be open after my classes are over?
The U.S. Bank representatives understand a student's busy schedule and the Norris University Center full-service banking branch is open from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm during the week.
6. Where can I use the U.S. Bank WildCARD?
On the Evanston campus, there are ATMS located in:
- Norris University Center (branch and food court)
- Shepard Hall (outside building)
- Henry Crown Sports Pavilion and Aquatics Center
- Kellogg (Jacobs Center - lower level food court)
- Technological Institute
- Pancoe Building
- Abbott Hall
- Searle Medical Research Building
- Huron Parking Garage (SW ground floor lobby)
- Levy Mayer Hall
Additionally, there are more than 40 locations in the greater Chicago area alone — Algonquin, Aurora, Bolingbrook, Chicago, Deerfield, Des Plaines, Downers Grove, Elgin, Elk Grove Village, Elmhurst, Geneva, Glen Ellyn, Highwood, McHenry, Naperville, Niles, Northlake, Oak Park, Palatine, Park Forest, Riverwoods, Rolling Meadows, St. Charles, and Wheeling. There are other ATMs in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For a complete list of ATM locations and branches, go to U.S. Bank's web site at www.usbank.com/northwestern. The WildCARD ATM card can also be used as a debit card at over 1.5 million point-of-sale locations, such as gas stations and supermarkets: swipe your card, select Debit, and enter your ATM/PIN number.