Travel News and Tips
NUIT Tech Talk Recording Available: "Stay Connected and Secure When Travelling"
Preparing for travel has become more than just tossing your laptop in a bag. Now highly mobile options, such as smart phones and tablets, give you the opportunity to reduce your carry-on bag significantly if you choose. These options also present some new risks. Learn how to protect your information and your devices in this May 8, 2014, NUIT Tech Talk, which covers advice for before, during, and after travel. Topics include:
- Protecting passwords during and after a trip
- Tips to prepare for national or international travel
- How to connect securely from mobile devices while away from home
Full recording (33 minutes): "Stay Connected and Secure When Travelling"
Also check out more security tips for travel from NUIT.
Transfer Your Elite Status to United Airlines
You can match your elite status on any of 40+ airlines with equivalent status in the United Mileage Plus Program (up to Premier or Premier Executive status).
To apply for the Corporate Status Match program:
- Complete the application (doc).
- E-mail your completed application (saved as a Word document) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Mileage Plus Corporate Status Match".
- TSA Prohibited Items
Learn which items are not permitted in carry-on and checked baggage for air travel.
- International Travel: Alerts and Fact Sheets
The U.S. State Department issues alerts about dangerous situations and other conditions that may pose security risks for American travelers. Country-specific general travel information is also available.