Travel News and Tips
United Launches All-new Mobile App for iOS 7
United Airlines has launched its all-new mobile application for the iOS 7 platform, offering customers innovative new features, better functionality and an improved touch-friendly design that enables travelers to access information more quickly and easily. The new mobile app, which United designed specifically for iOS 7 and is fully functional on earlier iOS versions, updates its most-popular mobile tasks and introduces new features, including:
- Travel cards for mobile boarding passes, MileagePlus cards, United Club cards and other frequently used information that customers may display on the home screen and easily swipe through.
- Travel wallet, which holds relevant information, including upcoming reservations and flight status notifications, in a single location and enables customers to use a simple swipe and save details to the home screen.
The app, which the airline optimized for the iPhone and is compatible with the iPad, also enables customers to view seat maps more easily, purchase Travel Options and book award travel on multiple segments. Customers may also use the new app to book and check in for flights, track a flight's status and view MileagePlus information.
Transfer Your Elite Status to United Airlines
You can match your elite status on any of 40+ airlines with equivalent status in the United Mileage Plus Program (up to Premier or Premier Executive status).
To apply for the Corporate Status Match program:
- Complete the application (doc).
- E-mail your completed application (saved as a Word document) to email@example.com with the subject line "Mileage Plus Corporate Status Match".
- TSA Prohibited Items
Learn which items are not permitted in carry-on and checked baggage for air travel.
- International Travel: Alerts and Fact Sheets
The U.S. State Department issues alerts about dangerous situations and other conditions that may pose security risks for American travelers. Country-specific general travel information is also available.