Hotel Rates and Direct Billing
Northwestern University travelers should note:
- To receive NU's discounted rates, you may be required to provide your WildCARD or Big Ten University identification.
- Northwestern University is not responsible for changes to a hotel's rates. Please confirm rates with the hotel before making reservations.
- Hotel rates are based on availability.
- Blackout dates may apply, especially during holidays, peak travel seasons, and special events (such as NU graduation).
- Hotel rates are subject to applicable taxes.
- Listed rates are applicable for the current year, unless noted otherwise.
Hotel Rates: Reference Data
Business Travel News publishes annual lists of hotel rates:
Rates shown in these lists are averages of corporate negotiated rates collected for the survey from BCD Travel clients. These averages may differ from the rates available to Northwestern faculty and staff.
Several hotels in Chicago, Evanston, and the surrounding area accept requests for direct billing to University departments. (The University Travel Policy and Procedures (pdf) discourages direct billing of lodging. However, we realize that there may be reasons for exceptions to this policy.)
If you require direct billing for a hotel that is not a Northwestern preferred hotel:
- Contact Purchasing Resource Services (PRS) for assistance. PRS will submit all appropriate paperwork to the hotel, so they will handle the transaction as a direct bill and waive appropriate taxes. Contact PRS via phone (847-491-8120), e-mail (email@example.com) or fax (847-467-5400).
- Once all of the appropriate paperwork is completed to PRS, submit the Hotel Reservation Agreement Form (pdf) to the hotel to make the reservation.
Contact Jeff Levin, Travel Services Manager, with any questions about the information and policies on this page.