Book a Flight
Book a flight one of two ways:
- Book online using Orbitz for Business (Learn more about using NU's Orbitz for Business website)
- Use one of Northwestern's other approved travel agencies
Using Orbitz for Business or one of NU's approved travel agencies lets you:
- direct bill your airfare to your department's account number
- obtain NU's discounts on certain airfares
- compare fares with other airlines
Northwestern University is able to offer discounts on select domestic and international itineraries through a partnership with United Airlines and its joint venture partners including Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Air Canada, and All Nippon Airways. Book through our approved travel agencies to receive discounted fares on these airlines.
Please note that none of NU's Approved Travel Agencies will book airfare on Spirit Airlines. These agencies report difficulties working with Spirit due to the company's complicated pricing model and limited flight schedules.
Transfer Your Elite Status to United Airlines
You can match your elite status on any of 40+ airlines with equivalent status in the United Mileage Plus Program (up to Premier or Premier Executive status).
To apply for the Corporate Status Match program:
- Complete the application (doc).
- E-mail your completed application (saved as a Word document) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Mileage Plus Corporate Status Match".
Transportation To and From the Airport
Need to get from one of Chicago's airports to the Northwestern Evanston or Chicago campus? Visit the Airport Transportation Options page for a list of resources.