Residents of Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Roscoe Village, Ravenswood, and other nearby neighborhoods who commute north to Evanston should consider a CTA/Metra combination. For many commuters, this combination alternative is faster than the Purple Line Express because of the reliability of the Metra trains.
- Take the CTA to the Metra's Ravenswood or Clybourn Stations
- Take the Brown Line to the Western Avenue Station. Walk approximately 8 blocks east to the Metra Ravenswood Station. The Ravenswood Metra Station can also be easily reached via the CTA #50 Damen Avenue bus or the #8 Ashland Avenue bus.
- Alternatively, the Clybourn Metra station may be closer for some commuters and is accessible via the #8 Ashland bus.
- Take Metra north to Evanston's Davis Street Station
- Visit the Metra website for a current Union Pacific/North Line schedule.