Train service to both Northwestern campuses
- Evanston: The Evanston campus is close to the Purple Line's Davis, Foster and Noyes stops. The Foster and Noyes stops are both two and a half blocks west of Sheridan Road.
- Chicago: The Chicago campus is closest to the Red Line's Chicago stop, which is three blocks west of Michigan Avenue.
Bus service to the Evanston campus
- The #147 bus runs express from Michigan Avenue to Foster Street in Chicago and then along Sheridan to Howard Station.
- The #22 bus also runs to the Howard Station from the Loop on Clark Street.
- From the Howard Station, the #201 bus operates along Ridge Avenue to Davis Street and then continues north on Sheridan Road to Evanston Hospital and Ryan Field.
Suggestions for people commuting from Chicago to Evanston
- Consult the CTA's website for updates and alternatives.
- Consult the RTA trip planner, which acknowledges construction delays and offers suggestions for your commute.