Train service to both Northwestern campuses
- Evanston: The Evanston campus is close to the Purple Line's Davis, Foster and Noyes stops. The Foster and Noyes stops are both two and a half blocks west of Sheridan Road.
- Chicago: The Chicago campus is closest to the Red Line's Chicago stop, which is three blocks west of Michigan Avenue.
Bus service to the Evanston campus
- The #147 bus runs express from Michigan Avenue to Foster Street in Chicago and then along Sheridan to Howard Station.
- The #22 bus also runs to the Howard Station from the Loop on Clark Street.
- From the Howard Station, the #201 bus operates along Ridge Avenue to Davis Street and then continues north on Sheridan Road to Evanston Hospital and Ryan Field.
Suggestions for people commuting from Chicago to Evanston
- Consult the CTA's website for updates and alternatives.
- Consult the RTA trip planner, which acknowledges construction delays and offers suggestions for your commute.
Transit Benefit Program
To help lower the cost of public transit and parking for those who commute to work at the University, Northwestern deducts University parking fees and transit expenses from benefits-eligible employees' gross pay before calculating taxes. Learn more about the NU Transit Benefit Program.