Bike to Work
Bicycle Resources On and Around Campus
Riding a bicycle to work is a commuting option that can have economic, environmental, and health benefits. Northwestern offers the following services and resources for bicycle riders:
- Secure bicycle parking is available on the Chicago campus. For more information, click here.
- Bike racks on all University shuttle buses.
- Kryptonite brand locks available for purchase at cost through University Police. Contact (312) 503-8314 for additional information.
- University Police also provides free, online bicycle registration for the campus community.
- Air compressor located outside the Norris University Center west entrance (equipped for Schrader valves only)
- Shower facilities are available in Chicago free of charge at the Lake Shore Chicago Park District facility. Click here for more details. The shower facilities in Evanston are in a restricted area, so you will need to register with University Services in order to use them (free of charge). Contact Brian Peters for details.
- Divvy offers $10 off Annual Membership to NU faculty, staff, and students. Visit Divvy's WildCARD Advantage page for details.
- Transportation maps are available at either WildCARD Office.
- Sign up for the NU bike commuter listserv. Following are the sign-up instructions:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Leave the subject line blank.
- Type the following command in the message:
SUBSCRIBE bike-commuters Firstname Lastname
- View the University Police web page on bicycle safety.
- The City of Chicago provides a Bicycling Information website.