Bus Service & Special Trips
University departments, schools, and student groups requiring special transportation for business or school-related trips may charter transportation through University Services. Charter services are provided by our pre-screened transportation vendors, who offer competitive pricing and outstanding customer service. To make a reservation, call us at 312-503-4147 or fill out the Vehicle Reservation Form.
- We provide service for special events, class trips, office outings, routine or ongoing requirements, and short or long distance trip assistance.
- Our vendors are familiar with both the Chicago and the Evanston campus.
- Our vendors offer a variety of vehicles, including 14-passenger vans, 56-passenger luxury coach buses, trolleys, limousines, and more.
Rates and Billing
- Our competitive rates include mileage, a uniformed driver, reliable pick-up and delivery, and a clean, comfortable vehicle. If applicable, tolls and parking fees are included as well. Contact University Services at 312-503-4147 for specific rates.
- You don’t have to wait until your trip is over to be reimbursed — you can bill to your department/school Chart String.
- If a problem arises with your trip or billing, we can help you resolve it.
- We ensure that all of our transportation vendors maintain current insurance and compliance with all industry standards.
- We check the safety records of all transportation vendors.
Bus Parking and Idling
- NU bus service providers may park along the west curb of Ashland between Isabella and the first driveway nearest our Ryan Field shuttle stop.
- The City's parking enforcement department will not enforce their parking ordinance for Northwestern buses or those we charter, even though "no parking" signs will remain along the west curb. If you charter a bus, the bus driver should know not to park in the Ryan Field parking lot, but rather park facing southbound on the west side of Ashland just south of Isabella St.
- Although the parking in this area will not be enforced, the City's idling ordinance will be. Buses should not idle in any area with signage noting, "No bus parking or idling."
Make a Reservation
- Contact University Services at 312-503-4147 with your request or complete the online Vehicle Reservation Form
- Once the request has been validated and approved, University Services will schedule the driver and vehicle
Want to provide feedback for charter services? Please complete our Charter Services Comment Card.