Commercial Tenant eCyclingIf you are a commercial tenant of a university-owned building, you can recycle broken, old (more than five years old) or outdated (below Pentium PC or Mac Power) computers and other electronic items in the computer-recycling program.
Our recycling program ensures that all hard drive data is destroyed and the equipment is recycled in a way that is compliant with EPA standards.
We will pick up and recycle the equipment at the following rates:
- Desktop or laptop computers: $10 each
- Servers: $10 each, $7 for each additional hard drive
- Monitors: $10 each
- Printers, scanners and UPS: $5 each
- Speakers, mice, keyboards, magnetic tape, CDs (without cases): Free
If your computer is working and less than five years old:
Consider donating your computer to:
- Schools or a non-profit group like Computers for Schools.
- Commercial businesses or groups (Tech Soup's website lists groups that would welcome your donation).
Visit the EPA's eCycling website for donation tips and information.