Crothall Laundry Services provides laundry services for the labs and research community in Evanston and Chicago. Once enrolled in the program, you can charge the service to your NU chartstring. Crothall will pick up and deliver customer-owned garments to each user group. Lab coats will be cleaned, pressed, and hung. Rental garments including scrubs, towels, bedsheets and rental lab coats will be cleaned, folded, and bagged. A delivery ticket will be placed on all delivered garments.
- Complete the Laundry Services Enrollment Form (pdf) to enroll in the program.
- The FIRST time that you send a soiled garment for processing, print a copy of the enrollment form and place it in the pocket of the coat to be laundered. If you have multiple garments from the same owner, place them all in one bag with the printed copy of the enrollment form.
- Email the form to Crothall via the Submit button on the bottom of the form.
- Place your soiled garments at one of the drop points in your area (look for the baskets with yellow bags) or in the VWR stockroom on your campus.
Crothall will process the form and send a confirmation email. Crothall will attach a unique bar code to the inside collar of customer-owned lab coats.
Rental Linens: To enroll in the rented linens and laundry program, complete the Laundry Services Enrollment - Rental Form (pdf).
Drop-off & Pick-up Procedures
- Each customer-owned item will be assigned a barcode that has your name and department associated with it.
- Place your soiled garments at one of the drop points in your area or in the VWR stockroom on your campus. Pick-ups occur on a weekly basis. Cleaned garments will be placed at the drop point in your area the following week.
- All linens and lab coats are process in compliance with bloodborne pathogens using universal precautions. Items do not need to be segregated and can be placed in the standard yellow laundry bags in the drop points in your area. Be sure to remove any items in the coats before placing in the bag.
Delivery Times & Locations
Pick-up of dirty linens and drop-off of clean linens will be on a weekly schedule:
- Chicago campus: Wednesdays between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm
- Evanston campus: Mondays between 9:00-10:00 am.
In the event of a Monday holiday, service will occur on Tuesday.
Drop-off and Delivery locations:
- Chicago campus: VWR stockroom (Searle/Morton B-652), Multiple drop-off/delivery locations near labs and departments
- Evanston campus: VWR stockroom (Tech KG-48), Center for Comparative Medicine
If you are not sure of the location nearest you, contact Steve Bodziak, Crothall Laundry Services Business Unit Manager at 847-941-7027. If you have enough laundry to warrant the setup of a new location, contact Theresa McClain at 3-0510.
Download a price list for laundry services (pdf).
- Embroidery: To order embroidery services, send an email to Steve Bodziak, Crothall Laundry Services Business Unit Manager, with the wording to be embroidered and your contact information and bar code number.
- Button Replacement: Attach a note to the individual garment indicating the need for button replacement.
- Repairs: Attach a note to the individual garment indicating the need for repair.
Download the laundry services price list (pdf) to see additional service costs.
Once enrolled in the program, you can charge the service to your NU chart string. Each department will be billed internally by University Services at the end of each month.
Note: In most cases, laundry service is not allowed as a direct charge to a grant. Please provide a non-sponsored chart string for billing. Contact your grant administrator for assistance. A list of grant administrators is available on the ASRSP website.
Service/Procedure Questions: Contact Steve Bodziak, Crothall Laundry Services Business Unit Manager, at 847-941-7027
Billing Questions: Contact Theresa McClain, University Services, at 3-0510
To provide feedback, complete our Online Comment Card.