Intramural Program - Chicago Campus
The Chicago Campus Intramural Program (IM) is designed for students that choose to participate in competitive indoor soccer, basketball or volleyball. University Services provides limited administrative and financial support to the program and to the commissioners of those programs to successfully manage their respective league.
The IM Program is comprised of the fall and winter seasons (fall season starts after Labor Day and ends before Thanksgiving holiday; winter season starts after the New Year and ends before winter final exam or approximately 10 weeks each). Each season requires a separate IM pass in order to participate if you do not possess a membership card to LA Fitness through Northwestern University’s subsidized program.
To maximize time availability and cost efficiency for each program we encourage the commissioners of their respective league to submit all relevant materials and game schedules as soon as possible to Salem Marrougi, the fitness club manager.
Commissioner responsibilities include:
- Administering their respective leagues
- Organizing and registering teams
- Hiring and supervising referees
- Creating league schedule
- Requesting playing court time from fitness club manager at approved vendor locations for approval
- Arranging games based on available and approved court time at approved vendor locations
- Creating and submitting players list for approval
- Insuring all members have valid passes before playing (either an IM card or The River East Club membership card are required)
- Collecting and submitting funds from members to support program activities which include court time expenses
How to Participate
To participate in the IM program, contact the league’s commissioners. (If you do not know your league commissioner, contact Salem Marrougi for assistance.) Once approved by the commissioner and to participate in the competition, download the IM application (pdf) to purchase the access card for a nominal fee if you’re not currently a member at The River East Club through Northwestern University’s subsidized program.
To purchase the IM card, go to the Wildcard office at Abbott Hall, 710 N. Lake Shore Drive, room 100 with your IM application (pdf).
The IM card does not provide full access to the Chicago Park District on a regular basis; the IM card is used for participation in the intramural league upon approval for a specific season only and is not valid beyond the assigned season.
Reminder: Medill School of Journalism students taking classes at the Adams/Clark location are not eligible for either program.