Eligibility and Membership Fees
The following Chicago campus-based community members (and their spouses or same-sex partners) are eligible for the Chicago fitness program:
- Paid faculty members
- Part and full-time employees (part-time staff must work at least 17.5 hours or more on a regular basis to qualify)
- Paid fellows and post-doc
The following community members are not eligible* for the program:
- Temporary employees
- Medill School of Journalism students and staff taking classes at the Adams/Clark location
- Contributed Services Faculties
- Employees and students based on the Evanston campus
*For those ineligible for the subsidized rate, a corporate membership rate with LA Fitness is available through our WildCARD Advantage Program. Visit WildCARD Advantage for more information.
Changes in Northwestern status:
- Fitness members are no longer eligible if they disassociate from Northwestern University or McGaw due to graduation or termination. They should notify University Services so their membership can be canceled and a pro-rated refund of the remaining full months can be issued if membership was paid for by check.
- Fitness members who take a leave of absence, change status from a full-time to part-time student, or no longer work or study in Chicago, should notify University Services
- Fitness members who change their contact information should notify University Services to ensure they receive fitness club notices and renewal information.
Contact Salem Marrougi at 847-467-0662.
The University provides discounted membership for eligible Chicago campus community members and their spouses/same-sex partners.
Annual membership costs:
- $192/each for full-time NU students or spouses/partners
- $384/each for part-time NU students and McGaw residents or spouses/partners
- $546/each for NU paid employees, fellows, post-docs
- $570/each for spouse/partner of NU paid employees, fellows, or post-docs
- Students, OLLI members, and Residents must submit their payment with the application when applying.
- Paid NU employees who work 17.5 hours or more per week, post-docs, and fellows can choose payroll deductions.