Applying for Membership
Eligible community members should complete the following steps to apply for membership in the Chicago fitness program. Find out if you are eligible.
- Complete the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application
- Important step for Foreign National Students
- Complete the L.A. Fitness Chicago-Streeterville Membership Application
- Include marriage, civil union or domestic partnership documentation, if applicable
- Send applications and payment to University Services
- The application is processed
Download and complete the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application (pdf). (Spouses/partners do not need to complete a second form).
If you are a Foreign National Student, you are required to register with the Foreign National Information System (FNIS) at the Human Resources (HR) Payroll department (Evanston at 720 University Place, Chicago at Abbott Hall room 850) before we can process your request for fitness club membership. If you are not a Foreign National Student, you may skip this step.
Download and complete the L.A. Fitness Chicago-Streeterville Membership Application (pdf). (Spouses/partners must complete an L.A. Fitness Chicago-Streeterville application).
- Spouses/Partners: include a copy of one of the following documents when you fax or mail in your application:
- Marriage certificate (If necessary, we may request a notarized translation of your marriage certificate. These are available at your country's consulate or international travel bureaus.)
- Spouse visa
- Domestic partners: include a copy of the Declaration of Same-Gender Domestic Partner Relationship Form (pdf) or Civil Union Certificate when you fax or mail in your application
- If the domestic partner relationship terminates, you must submit a Termination of Same-Gender Domestic Partner Relationship Form (pdf).
Payment options vary by applicant type:
- All eligible applicants can pay by check or money order
- Employees can also pay by payroll deduction
Make check or money order payable to Northwestern University
Send payment and application to:
University Services - Fitness Club Manager
1801 Maple Avenue, Suite 2300
Evanston, Illinois 60201
(For quicker processing, drop off your application at the University Services' drop-off mail slot in the Abbott Hall foyer by the Huron Street entrance.)
- Note that you would like to pay via payroll deduction on the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application
- Fax or email both applications to the Fitness Club Manager at 847-491-3849 or firstname.lastname@example.org
University Services must receive applications, renewals, and payment by the 22nd of the month (or the last business day prior to the 22nd if that day falls on a weekend or holiday) in order to start membership the following month. When sending in your application, please allow extra time for mail delivery.
Foreign National Students: Please note that your application will be processed after Payroll verifies your registration in FNIS.