Applying for Membership
Eligible community members should complete the following steps to apply for membership in the Chicago fitness program. Find out if you are eligible.
- Complete the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application
- Complete the L.A. Fitness Chicago-Streeterville Membership Application
- Include marriage, civil union or domestic partnership documentation, if applicable
- Send applications and payment to University Services
- The application is processed
Download and complete the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application (pdf). (Spouses/partners do not need to complete a second form).
Download and complete the L.A. Fitness Chicago-Streeterville Membership Application (pdf). (Spouses/partners must complete an L.A. Fitness Chicago-Streeterville application).
- Spouses/Partners: include a copy of one of the following documents when you fax or mail in your application:
- Marriage certificate (If necessary, we may request a notarized translation of your marriage certificate. These are available at your country's consulate or international travel bureaus.)
- Spouse visa
- Domestic partners: include a copy of the Declaration of Same-Gender Domestic Partner Relationship Form (pdf) or Civil Union Certificate when you fax or mail in your application
- If the domestic partner relationship terminates, you must submit a Termination of Same-Gender Domestic Partner Relationship Form (pdf).
Payment options vary by applicant type:
- All eligible applicants can pay by check or money order
- Employees can also pay by payroll deduction
Make check or money order payable to Northwestern University
Send payment and application to:
University Services - Fitness Club Manager
1801 Maple Avenue, Suite 2300
Evanston, Illinois 60201
(For quicker processing, drop off your application at the University Services' drop-off mail slot in the Abbott Hall foyer by the Huron Street entrance.)
- Note that you would like to pay via payroll deduction on the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application
- Fax or email both applications to the Fitness Club Manager at 847-491-3849 or email@example.com
University Services must receive applications, renewals, and payment by the 22nd of the month (or the last business day prior to the 22nd if that day falls on a weekend or holiday) in order to start membership the following month. When sending in your application, please allow extra time for mail delivery.