The River East Club Amenities
Location: 355 East Grand Avenue (approximately four blocks south of campus)
- Stainless steel 25-meter lap pool
- Hydrotherapy pool, sauna, and steam room
- Two separate workout areas offering a comprehensive range of equipment for strength, toning, or cardio workouts
- Three group exercise studios, including a dedicated spinning room and space for Pilates, yoga, and a wide range of unique group programming
- Luxurious locker rooms with plush towels and private shower stalls
- Underground secure parking validated at $2 for two hours or $6 for four hours
- A one-hour personalized assessment and workout (call 312-467-1111 to schedule your appointment)
- Club Hours: Mon-Thu: 5:00 am - 10:00 pm; Fri: 5:00 am - 9:00 pm; Sat-Sun: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
LA Fitness Clubs Benefit: Members of the River East Club (owned by LA Fitness) may use other LA Fitness Club locations. For a listing of LA Fitness locations, visit www.lafitness.com.
Learn more: Group and individual tours of the River East Club are available Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays from 10:00 - 11:00 am and 2:00 - 4:00 pm. No appointment is necessary.
Chicago Park District Lake Shore Park Field House Amenities
Location: 808 North Lake Shore Drive
- Exclusive use of the Lake Shore Park basketball court during dedicated hours. View the NU-exclusive hours.
- Non-exclusive access to the facility every day of the week (excluding certain summer hours). View the general (non-exclusive) hours.
- Access to the field house will be granted to those displaying a WildCARD or any government-issued photo ID, during the school year (see below).
- NU members have access to the CPD Field House from September 6, 2011-June 15, 2012.
- Cardio/fitness equipment, including a treadmill, cross trainer, stationary bike, and similar machines; weights
- Locker and shower facilities
The intramural program is designed for students that choose to participate in competitive indoor soccer, basketball or volleyball. Learn more about Northwestern Universities' Intramural Program on the Chicago Campus.