University Police is committed to serving the University community and the surrounding area by utilizing a proactive approach to crime prevention and by providing professional, courteous and effective law enforcement service to our community.
To accomplish our mission, University Police promotes a safe environment and elevated quality of life using a community policing philosophy, which nurtures viable partnerships and effective educational programs.
University Police works closely with students, faculty and staff in a Community Policing Program that contributes to a reasonably safe living, learning and research environment on the Evanston and Chicago campuses.
- Promotes positive interaction between University Police and the Northwestern community.
- Increases informal police contact.
- Fosters programs to encourage the reporting of crime and suspicious activity.
- Enhances crime prevention efforts through presentations, security surveys and a variety of other programs.
- Helps identify problems within the community and serves as a platform to mutually develop solutions.