University Police provides professional law enforcement and public safety-related services for the University community. We seek applicants of outstanding ability and unquestionable integrity.
The University presents an attractive but challenging work environment requiring sensitivity, good judgment and professionalism.
Northwestern University offers a wide selection of benefits to full-time employees. Visit the Human Resources Benefits web page for more information.
- Community Service Officer (Evanston)
- Police Officer
- Fleet Maintenance/Transportation Services
Police Officer Hiring Process (April - August, 2017)
The Northwestern University Police Department will undertake a recruitment process to hire several new police officers. Please click here to see the recruitment schedule.
How to Apply
All applicants must apply through the Human Resources online recruiting system.
You will receive a confirmation email after submitting an application. If there is interest in your candidacy, a Human Resources recruiter or the University Police hiring manager will contact you.
Questions about the hiring process? Contact Lieutenant Haydee Martinez at 847-467-3148.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.
Fleet Maintenance and Police/Transportation Services Assignments Timeline (March - June, 2017)
- March 1, 2017 – March 24, 2017 – Applications accepted (http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/index.html)
- April 24, 2017 – April 28, 2017 Telephone interviews (30 minutes)
- May 1, 2017 – May 5, 2017 – Submission of documents: (30 minutes)
- Fingerprints, CQH and DL checks
- Waivers signed
- May 6, 2017 – May 7, 2017 – Written examination (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM both days)
- May 8, 2017 – May 19, 2017 – Background investigations
- May 23, 2017 and May 31, 2017 – In person interviews (45 minutes)
- June 5, 2017 – Conditional offer of employment pending successful completion of:
- Psychological exam
- Drug Screening
- June 5, 6, and 7, 2017 – Psychological evaluations will be conducted from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (3 hours). Drug testing will be completed before or after the psychological evaluation depending on the time slot assigned.
- June 19, 2017 – Final Offer of Employment
- June 26, 2017 – Employment start date
Dates and steps outlined in this process are subject to change.