The Media Relations office in the Department of University Relations is Northwestern's official news service. The team of 14 promotes news that results in major media coverage and is delivered throughout a variety of channels, including Northwestern's top-level web pages, campus news emails, and the occasional printed piece for Evanston neighbors. The office covers breaking news, research, arts, and events, as well as faculty, student, and staff issues from Northwestern’s three campuses in Evanston, Chicago, and Doha, Qatar. Visit the Northwestern homepage for top stories and the Northwestern News page for more news.
What We Do
- Deliver Northwestern news in multiple media formats.
- Place Northwestern news and research in major media outlets.
- Help media find faculty experts who can comment on the news of the day.
- Offer media training to faculty.
- Assist faculty in writing op-eds and placing them in media outlets.
- Provide a studio with ISDN system where faculty can be interviewed for broadcast programs.
View a list of our staff members below, and visit our Media Contact webpage for complete contact information.
- Alan Cubbage, Vice President for University Relations
- Storer H. "Bob" Rowley, Director of Media Relations
- Pat Vaughan Tremmel, Associate Director of Media Relations
- Hilary Hurd Anyaso, Law and Social Sciences Editor
- Julie Deardorff, Education, Humanities, Communication and Journalism Editor
- Megan Fellman, Science and Engineering Editor
- Judy Moore, Arts Editor
- Marla Paul, Health Sciences Editor
- Stephen Anzaldi, Managing Editor
- Brendan Cosgrove, Broadcast Associate
- Erin Meyer, Web Content Provider/Social Media Coordinator
- Emily Osborne, Newsroom Coordinator
- Erin Spain, Broadcast Editor/Web Content Provider
- Caitlin Tucker, Newsroom Coordinator
Read some of our noteworthy news stories below.