The Media Relations office in the Department of University Relations is the official producer of news about Northwestern University. The staff promotes news that results in major media coverage and that is showcased on the University’s homepage. Northwestern News also is distributed through e-mail, through a printed newspaper for faculty and staff and the Northwestern alumni magazine. The office covers breaking news, research, arts, events and faculty, student and staff issues from Northwestern’s three busy campuses in Evanston, Chicago and Doha, Qatar.
What We Do
- Deliver Northwestern News in multiple media formats.
- Place major Northwestern research in major media.
- Help media find experts who can comment on the news of the day.
- Offer media training to faculty.
- Assist faculty in writing op-eds and placing them in media outlets.
- Provide an ISDN studio where faculty can be interviewed for radio shows.