10 Awesome Things Sustainable Wildcats Do
1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
2. Carry a reusable water bottle EVERYWHERE.
We now have over 35 water refilling stations in the residence halls, Norris, and across campus. Why pay for water when you can get it for free?
3. Turn off the lights and all electronics when leaving a room.
Beware of vampire energy, electronics continue to use energy when they are turned off but still plugged in. Consider purchasing a power or smart strip.
4. Participate in Meatless Monday.
5. Take the Green Pledge annually.
It never hurts to refresh your commitment to help make NU a leader in sustainability.
6. Walk, ride a bike, or take public transportation instead of driving.
Lets be honest, there are always good stories to tell your friends after taking alternative transportation...
7. Purchase secondhand clothes, furniture, and accessories.
Choose to reuse; they dont make 'em like the used to and nearly-new clothes are softer and more comfortable.
8. Shop for produce at farmers markets and look for local and seasonal options.
You are what you eat and fresh fruits and vegetables taste better and are good for you.
9. Shower for less than 5 minutes and only do full loads of laundry.
It's a no-brainer, both will save you money and time.
10. Take Eric Masanet’s life-changing ‘Intro to Sustainability’ class.
Life cycle assessments anyone?