Both Northwestern-sponsored and non-Northwestern programs are available for the summer term. If you choose to study abroad during the summer term, you must follow some specific policies and application procedures.
Jump to summer programs and information:
Review the program profiles, below, for detailed program information.
- Manyaleti, South Africa: Global Engagement Studies Institute in South Africa
- Jinja, Uganda: Global Engagement Studies Institute in Uganda
- Cochabamba, Bolivia: Global Engagement Studies Institute in Bolivia
- Santiago, Chile: Public Health in Chile
- Havana, Cuba: Culture and Society in Cuba
- Havana, Cuba: Public Health in Cuba
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic: Global Engagement Studies Institute in the Dominican Republic
- Ciudad Sandino, Nicaragua: Global Engagement Studies Institute in Nicaragua
- Hangzhou and Beijing, China: Green Technology & Environmental Sustainability
- Beijing, China: Political & Economic Development
- Beijing, China: Public Health in China
- Udaipur, India: Global Engagement Studies Institute in India
- Prague, Czech Republic: Prague Summer
- Arles, France: Arles Summer
- Berlin, Germany: Contemporary Berlin: Culture, Identity & Citizenship
- Bonn, Germany: Renewable Energy Policy & Development
- Munich, Germany: Finding Nano: Nanotechnology & Culture Program
- Padua, Italy: Language and Liberal Arts Summer Program
- Barcelona, Spain: Spanish Language & Culture
- Istanbul, Turkey: Istanbul Summer Program
- Find application instructions on our Steps for Study Abroad webpage.
If you are considering a summer program that is not listed above:
- Review our Non-Northwestern Summer Program page for tips on choosing a program, along with academic and financial considerations.
- Review our Steps to Apply for a Non-Northwestern Summer Program for application instructions.
Familiarize yourself with the specific policies that apply to summer program participants.