Both Northwestern-sponsored and non-Northwestern programs are available for the summer term. If you choose to study abroad during the summer term, you must follow some specific policies and application procedures.
Below you will find an overview of Northwestern-sponsored summer programs. Click on the relevant link to learn more about the program and course offerings.
Ready to apply? Find out about application instructions in the Steps to Study Abroad webpage.
- Arusha, Tanzania: Field Research in Public Health: Tanzania
- Western Cape, South Africa: Global Engagement Studies Institute in South Africa
- Jinja, Uganda: Global Engagement Studies Institute in Uganda
- Cochabamba, Bolivia: Global Engagement Studies Institute in Bolivia
- Santiago, Chile: Public Health in Chile
- Havana, Cuba: Culture and Society in Cuba
- Havana, Cuba: Public Health in Cuba
- Hato Mayor, Dominican Republic: Global Engagement Studies Institute in the Dominican Republic
- Ciudad Sandino, Nicaragua: Global Engagement Studies Institute in Nicaragua
- Hangzhou and Beijing, China: Energy Technology & Policy: Wanxiang Fellows Program
- Beijing, China: Political & Economic Development
- Beijing, China: Public Health in China
- Udaipur, India: Global Engagement Studies Institute in India
- Arles, France: Arles Summer
- Berlin, Germany: Berlin: Global City in the Center of Europe
- Bonn, Germany: Renewable Energy: Policy & Development
- Munich, Germany: Finding Nano: Nanotechnology & Culture in Germany
- Barcelona, Spain: Spanish Language & Culture Summer Program in Barcelona
If you are considering a summer program that is not listed above:
- Review our Non-Northwestern Summer Program page for tips on choosing a program, along with academic and financial considerations.
- Review our Steps to Apply for a Non-Northwestern Summer Program for application instructions.
Familiarize yourself with the specific policies that apply to summer program participants.